From: dmccunney <dennis.mccun...@gmail.com>

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Felix Miata <mrma...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> eCS works much better than DesqView and QEMM ever did with "large" file I/O,
> which is truly dismal in any DOS I ever seriously tried. And of course, eCS
is
> useful for other things. QPro is one of those apps where the better DOS than
DOS
> objective of OS/2 really shines.
>
> eCS has a replacement "Blue Lion" coming online soon. Final beta was supposed
> happen today or yesterday:
>
> https://www.arcanoae.com/

*sigh*

> rCaable to run OS/2, Windows 3.1, and DOS applications

Only existing OS/2 users run OS/2 apps, I don't think *anyone* runs
Win 3.1 apps, and the few holdouts running DOS apps don't need OS/2 to
do it.

> rCaable to run ported Linux applications

And the key will be which Linux apps get ported, and how hard a job
that will be.

This may well be a decent followup to eComStation for the OS/2
community, but I don't see it gaining converts elsewhere.  It needs to
either support Linux apps "native", or run Win32 apps, or both.  Lack
of 64 bit support is also a major minus.

Tell me why anyone who *isn't* already an OS/2 user might get this?
______
Dennis
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105128793974319004519

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (276:10/901)
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net