Hi, I'm up to report what I think could be a bug with the 1.2 version of
Freedos installer. I burned a boot cd with the standard version of the Fd12
installer, I did it twice, to verify it wasn't a matter of corrupted burning,
with two different disks and two different programs (img burn and cdburnerXP).
I burned the cds at 2x speed and performed a final verification. Whenever I
tried to install the OS, I always got a 'invalid OpCode' error at the
beginning,  throughout my whole screen, which prevented me to go through and
forced me to reboot. I press f8 to configure the installation manually and see
what the problem might be. I discovered that skipping the himemx setting
allowed me to continue the installation. Since I'm not such an experienced user
and I did not know wheter skippng that would affect my future usage of expanded
memory or not, I decided to install the 1.1 version to avoid any other bugs and
it worked well.