On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 22:31:38 -0500, Kyle Nied <nied.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

What, out of all of these fdisk versions (minus
vanilla fdisk, of course), can you create multiple primary partitions?

I'm pretty sure WinXP itself can create multiple primary partitions. Why not create the first partition (leaving some extra space on the disk) with whatever utility you want, install XP, then when XP is up and running create a second partition using XP's disk manager?

In regards to other things, yes, I will look at boot managers for this dual boot, as it would not work without it, due to the configuration I am trying
to achieve.

If you had XP and 98 each installed on a partition, I think you could grab the 98 boot sector and add it to BOOT.INI. Then when XP boots you would have a menu option to boot 98.