On 9/30/2018 10:18 AM, geneb wrote:
On Sat, 29 Sep 2018, Ralf Quint wrote:

I couldn't care less about .NET, it's pretty much a non-portable, dead-end technology, just years behind the curve. A lot of former Java fanatics (for which .NET became a substitute once M$ could not get to terms with Sun) have jumped that ship already in the past. M$ could take a hint from that...

Yeah, I really hate non-portable software that only runs on Windows, MacOS, Linux, FreeBSD, and ARM.
Please recompile any non-trivial GUI program written for Windows using .NET and try to run it on those other OS (btw, ARM is not an OS)...

Ralf

---