Since you are starting from scratch; you might look into
replacing your tiny 4 gb hard drive with a 32 gig CF chip
which you can get on Amazon from Komputerbay. Since DOS
unlike windows can be installed on any computer then
moved to the computer you want; you might look for
another more usable machine to install it, then transfer it.
32 gigs really isn't alot if you use dos alot, it fills up with
alot of junk fast. A few mp4 movies and you'll start running
out of space.

cheers
DS

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jo00975a052