On 6/13/2019 5:20 PM, Karen Lewellen wrote:
First, Bret would you write me off list?
I have access to a   utility of  yours slow down, which I am wanting to use with a single program.
That leads  me to my broader  question.
If I can recall how to post at dos ain't dead might be an interesting discussion there as well. Due to a crash of my main DOS computer, I fell back  on a second unit built for DOS only and running the DOS package I prefer. now this machine is much much faster.  even my typing has extra letters sometimes. The odd thing however is what tends to produce a runtime error and what does not. For example the  file reading program readit indeed produces  a runtime error.  The edition I have was done in 1995. By contrast, the first set of DOS games I ever got from a company called friendlyware and dated in the mid 80s works perfectly. no runtime errors at all.
In general what factors  impact leading to runtime errors?
Just thought of another small utility created a year or so later than readit, and it likewise works fine. Thoughts?

Yes, it would be helpful to tell us WHAT runtime errors you are getting. Crystal balls are still  in short supply these days...

Ralf

---