I tried to move post.mp4 - a 3.5.meg file. - got insufficient memory
error with move, copy & xcopy. The copy command sometimes
has trouble with wildcard "*". I tried copy *.* new\*.*  It copied only
one file then stopped,. xcopy worked. The edit command has limits
on size; had to use Wordperfect on one file. In 2015 Dennis talked
about using vedit but can't find a dos version.
In the new world large files are common.

cheers
DS

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jo00975a052