Your head is full of a lot of good imformation.
You should write a book to spread it around.
We need more USB experts.

cheers
DS

On Thu, 30 Sep 2021 16:42:03 GMT "Bret Johnson" <bretj...@juno.com>
writes:
> > Bret, you are one of the few people who know how
> > to write USB software. How did you learn to do it?
> > Are there any good books on the subject?
>
> It's mostly been trial and error (with a heavy emphasis on the
> error).  My main reading for USB is just the USB specifications.
>
> Unfortunately, almost none of the USB hardware is 100% compliant
> with the specifications (which, believe it or not, Microsoft seems
> to encourage, at least indirectly).  So, in addition to the
> specifications, I need to occasionally do Internet searches for how
> problems are handled by others, and also occasionally look at Linux
> source code.  I normally can't use the Linux source code directly,
> though, since it's written in C instead of ASM and the Linux
> architecture is completely different than DOS (Linux doesn't have
> TSR's and doesn't have the same kinds of memory limitations that DOS
> has).  I don't know if you've really ever noticed, but TSR's that
> are written in high-level languages (like C or Pascal) usually have
> lots of in-line ASM since high-level languages don't work very well
> when manipulating hardware.  But, the Linux code reveals a lot of
> experience in what doesn't work and some information about
> non-compliant or non-standard hardware and where the non-compliance
> occurs.
>
> The main USB-related web page I frequent is:
>
> http://janaxelson.com/usb.htm
>
> and she (Jan Axelson) has written some USB books, though I've never
> read them.  A lot of the questions on the PORTS Forum have to do
> with how to get things to work with Windows and are not "general"
> USB-related as such, but are sometimes still interesting or
> relevant.

Merck's COVID-Pill Trial Went So Well It Was Halted Early
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/615711d89643a11d833edst04duc1
Lightning Didn't Kill Family Who Mysteriously Died on Hike
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/615711d8b57cb11d833edst04duc2
Current, Former Blue Origin Staff Pen Scathing Essay
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/615711d8d3bfc11d833edst04duc3