I am maintaining several machines that do serious work on FD. For several years they have all had FD 1.1. I just installed 1.2, basic, over 1.1 on one machine. FD seemed to install OK, and took over booting the partition as expected. FD 1.2 seemed to load OK. I then reactivated the boot manger.

This BM and many versions of DOS go way back.

I now have a coincidence. The 1.2 kernel has been renamed and moved, and The boot manager cannot boot the partition. Is there actually a cause involved here?

I have pointed the BM to both Kernlxx.sys, command.com, and fdconfig.sys.

I get "Can't load operating system.  Press <Enter> to reboot..."

Ideas?

Ray