Hello John,

Sorry for being late.

This can be tricky, but feasible with FD-KEYB without recompiling. You can
start from some US layout and try this example, for Alt+X

First, you need to find out the key and scancode that Alt+X produces (that
EDIT receives). I found this page, but there are utilities that may help
you out with this (like KEYCODE).

Keyboard scan codes (freepascal.org)
<https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/keyboard/kbdscancode.html>

According to this, Alt+X returns scancode 2Dh  (45)

Define a plane for Left-Alt:

[Planes]
RALT

To emit simply a scancode with 0, you can do the / trick:

[KEYS:k1]
 45C  x  X   0/45

This should work.

Aitor