Hello there!

The documentation for the KEY language is included within the KC/KLIB
binary distribution:

DOC\KC\KEY.TXT

For some reason, I am no longer able to find the distribution of KC/KLIB
within Ibiblio or GitLab
(maybe Jerome can help?)

But fortunately, there is an online copy at:

http://ftp.lyx.org/pub/freedos/files/dos/keyb/2.0/

the file being KC200X.ZIP

If you want to modify an existing KEY file, you need the package above for
the compiler, and the sources for the KEY files, that they exist in ibiblio:

https://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/keyb/kblayout/kpdos-3.1/

Thanks and sorry for the delay,
Aitor