Hi Ramon,

If I use FDAPM APMDOS in my fdauto.bat I get the following message:

Performing action: APMDOS
If APMDOS slows ....
APM not available, skipping APM setup.
Going resident.

This is because I have freedos poorly configured or because my hardware
does not support it. (My laptop is about 12 years old)

As you see, it goes resident nevertheless. Your BIOS does not
offer APM support, so FDAPM uses a generic fallback instead.

You could play with the FDAPM SPEEDn options (example: SPEED4)
as additional trick. This will throttle the system by halting
it half of the time in a fast rhythm, but be prepared that it
may fail in bad ways, so do not put it in your fdauto until
you have tested it interactively.

It is possible that SPEEDn does not work at all, because
FDAPM does not sufficiently understand your ACPI BIOS, or
it is possible that it crashes the computer in some way.

If that happens, you will have to hard reset it (if you
have a reset button) or even power cycle it (for example
by keeping the power button pressed for several seconds).

Of course you do not need to use SPEEDn at all if normal
FDAPM APMDOS already reduces energy consumption, heat
and fan activity sufficiently. It is just an additional
thing you COULD try.

Regards, Eric