"%COMSPEC% /c work.bat >file.txt" will succeed. Everyone knows that.

What I'm wondering is if the following (piping into a .BAT) is
considered acceptable or "standard" for DOS.

"prog1.exe | %COMSPEC% /c work.bat | %COMSPEC% /c fixups.bat >some.txt"

Does that work like I'd expect? (Seems to ... barely.) Is it rare? Is
it buggy? Is there a better way?

I've explored several other ways in DOS, including other shells (4DOS,
DJGPP's Bash) or just a simple wrapper .C (system) or .PAS (exec)
program.

Does anyone have experience or advice with this? (Timo Salmi's BAT FAQ
didn't quite cover it, from a quick glance.)