Joshua Ruybal wrote:
While trying to run IPA replica prepare with debug, we see an
unexplained failure.

Debug seems to show the process running smoothly, then I see:
"Certificate issuance failed".

Looking at previous mail-archives, I see that someone has run into this
before, however all permissions on caIPAserviceCert.cfg are correct (the
solution for him).

Is there any method to get more details on the failure from
ipa-replica-prepare?

I'd check the dogtag logs. This error is thrown when no certificate is issued by the CA.

There is no way other than instrumenting the code to get more details about the error from ipa-replica-prepare.