>   The log you posted showed that the RADIUS server sent an
> Access-Accept packet to the client.  THat means the server is
> configured correctly.
THX Alan. !
Ok I understand that
>   If the client still does not let the user in, then the client has to
> be fixed.
Right and clear.
Do you have any doc tha explain howto set pslave.conf ?
I done it with the self instructions of the archive.
But is not enough to me. I need to know more since I do not understand
well the options.
at botom I will copy my pslave.conf file....
> > and 254RadServer keeps saying :
> > "Malformed RADIUS packet from host 192.168.122.253: Invalid attribute 0
>
>   Use 'tcpdump' to find out what's going on.  The client appears to be
> sending bad packets to the server.
The issue is that I do not know how is a good packet.
please show me the way.

>   Alan DeKok.
Is a porrtslave from pslave.lrp package 1.17-1
This is the portslave radius client. This package includes pppd-radius
2.3.5.
# pslave.conf Here is the sample server configuration file.
# Version: 1.17  03-Nov-1998
Donloaded from
ftp.linuxrouter.org/pub/linux/linux-router/dists/2.9.8/packages/

Can''t be this version is too old ?

#pslave.conf####################
# pslave.conf Here is the sample server configuration file.
#
# Version: 1.17  03-Nov-1998
#

#
# Hostname of the system.
#
conf.hostname dialup.uucp.com
#
# IP address - if left empty, uses the IP address of the system (hostname).
# This is used as the "local" address for SLIP and PPP connections.
#
#conf.ipno 192.168.42.21
#
# Lock directory - on FSSTND compliant systems it's /var/lock.
#
conf.lockdir /var/lock
#
# Where to find the rlogin binary that accepts the "-i" flag.
#
conf.rlogin /usr/bin/rlogin-radius
#
# Where to find our patched pppd that has radius linked in.
#
conf.pppd /usr/sbin/pppd-radius
#
# Where to find telnet. This can just be the system telnet.
#
conf.telnet /usr/bin/telnet
#
# If you set this to "1", you can always login locally by putting a '!'
# before your loginname. Useful for emergencies when the RADIUS server is
down.
#
conf.locallogins 1
#
# Logging stuff - this program can use a remote syslog daemon if needed.
# If you want to log locally leave the "syslog" field empty. The facility
# field is an integer between 0 and 7 and sets the syslog facility to
# local0-local7.
#
conf.syslog
conf.facility 6
#
# Stripnames - if you set this to "1", leading "P", "S", "C", "L" or "!"
# characters and trailing ".slip", ".cslip" and ".ppp" strings will be
# stripped from the username before it is recorded in the system
# utmp and wtmp files (if sysutmp or syswtmp are turned on ofcourse)
#
conf.stripnames 0

##
## The all entry is used as a template for all others. This means that
## setting all.debug to 0, you set s0.debug, s1.debug, s2.debug etc.
## to 0. It also means that all these settings can be overridden on a
## per-port basis below.
##

#
# Debugging output to syslog. Set to 0 or 1. "1" is pretty verbose.
#
all.debug 1

#
# Authentication type - either "radius" or "none".
#
all.authtype    radius

#
# Authentication host and accounting host. We can have 2 of both. The
# first one is always tried three times before switching to the second one.
# They are alternately tried after that, upto maximum 10 times in total.
# Timeout is 5 seconds per query.
#
all.authhost1 192.168.122.254
all.accthost1 192.168.122.254
#all.authhost2 backuphost.someisp.com
#all.accthost2 backuphost.someisp.com
#
#
# The shared secret for RADIUS.
#
all.secret clave2
#
# Default protocol and host. This is for rlogin sessions.
#
#all.protocol rlogin
#all.host shellhost.someisp.com
#
# Default IP stuff. If you end the "ipno" with a "+", the portnumber will
# be added to the IP number. The IP number of a port is used when the RADIUS
# server doesn't send an IP number, or if it tells us to use a dynamic ipno.
#
# Leave the netmask at 255.255.255.255, unless your really know what
# you're doing.
#
all.ipno 192.168.122.253
all.netmask 255.255.255.0
all.mtu  1500
#
# Standard message that is issued on connect.
#
all.issue \n\
        Cistron Internet Services \n\
         POP Alphen aan den Rijn \n\
     Welcome to terminal server %h port S%p\n
#
# Login prompt.
#
all.prompt Cistron login:
#
# Terminal type, for rlogin/telnet sessions.
#
all.term vt100
#
# If you want portslave to update the utmp and/or wtmp files just
# like a regular getty/login, set these to 1.
#
all.sysutmp 1
all.syswtmp 0

##
## Options for the serial port.
##

#
# Porttype (passed to Radius for logging).
# 0 = async, 1 = sync, 2 = ISDN, 3 = ISDN-V120, 4 = ISDN-V110
#
all.porttype 0
#
# Speed. All ports are set to 8N1.
#
all.speed 115200
#
# Use this to initialize the modem.
#
all.initchat "" \d\dATZ OK\r\n-ATZ-OK\r\n
#
# You can use either waitfor or aa.
#
all.waitfor RING
#
# Chat string to get the modem to connect after waitfor.
# The @ sign matches (.*)[\r\n] in regexp code, the match is logged
# to Radius as Connection-Info.
#
all.answer "" ATA CONNECT@
#
# Auto answer - if you set this to "1", the system will just wait for
# the DCD line to get high (this is not well tested). You won't get
# the connection info either.
#
all.aa  0
#
# You can use this chatstring to regulary check if the modem is still alive.
# NOT IMPLEMENTED YET.
#
all.checktime 60
all.checkchat "" AT OK\r\n
#
# Flow control on this serial port:
#    hard - hardware, rts/cts
#    soft - software, CTRL-S / CTRL-Q
#    none.
#
all.flow hard
#
# Use the DCD line or not (this sets CLOCAL if on). This means that the
session
# will get hung up if the modem hangs up. Can be set to 0 or 1.
#
all.dcd  1
#
# PPP options - used if we autodetect a PPP session.
# Note that we set mru and mtu both to the MTU setting.

all.autoppp proxyarp modem asyncmap 0 %i: \
  noipx noccp login auth require-pap refuse-chap \
  mtu %t mru %t \
#  ms-addr 192.168.1.1 ms-addr 192.168.1.2 \
  uselib /usr/lib/libpsr.so

#
# PPP options - User already authenticated and service type is PPP.
#

all.pppopt proxyarp modem asyncmap 0 %i:%j \
  noipx noccp \
  mtu %t mru %t netmask %m idle %I \
#  ms-addr 192.168.1.1 ms-addr 192.168.1.2
  uselib /usr/lib/libpsr.so

##
## Tty names are s0...s63. For every port we need to define a tty port, and
## an IP number for when radius tells us to pick one ourself. Unless you
## use the IP pool option mentioned above (IP number with "+" appended).
##
## Note that you can change _all_ of the above settings that start
## with all.xxxx on a per-port basis, such as issue, prompt etc.
##
s0.tty  ttyS0
s0.ipno  192.168.122.252
s0.protocol ppp