Has anyone got freeRadius .04 to run on Linux-Mandrake 8.1.?

It seems to compile O.K. using the default configuration.

When I run "/etc/rc.d/init.d/radiusd start", I receive the error:
"Starting Freeradius server: radwatch/etc/rc.d/init.d/radiusd:
start-stop-daemon: command not found   radiusd."

If I run it from the command line the way I used to run Livingston 2.01
radius:
if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/radiusd ]; then
echo "RADIUS"
/usr/local/sbin/radiusd -a /usr/local/var/log/radius/radacct -b -d
/usr/local/etc/raddb
fi

I get this error:  "/usr/local/sbin/radiusd: error while loading shared
libraries: libltdl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"

"libltdl.so.0" is located in "/usr/local/lib"

My radius.conf file contains:
prefix = /usr/local
exec_prefix = ${prefix}
sysconfdir = ${prefix}/etc
localstatedir = ${prefix}/var
sbindir = ${exec_prefix}/sbin
logdir = ${localstatedir}/log/radius
libdir = ${exec_prefix}/lib
raddbdir = ${sysconfdir}/raddb
radacctdir = ${logdir}/radacct

Any ideas.  We are newbies with freeRadius.

Thanks.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html