Alan,

thanks for your quick response, I use the snapshot from 20020220.  and here
is my configuration file.  My cisco's IOS is 12.2.5.

file trimed:

        preprocess {
                huntgroups = ${confdir}/huntgroups
                hints = ${confdir}/hints

                # This hack changes Ascend's wierd port numberings
                # to standard 0-??? port numbers so that the "+" works
                # for IP address assignments.
                with_ascend_hack = no
                ascend_channels_per_line = 23

                # Windows NT machines often authenticate themselves as
                # NT_DOMAIN\username
                #
                # If this is set to 'yes', then the NT_DOMAIN portion
                # of the user-name is silently discarded.
                with_ntdomain_hack = no

                # Specialix Jetstream 8500 24 port access server.
                #
                # If the user name is 10 characters or longer, a "/"
                # and the excess characters after the 10th are
                # appended to the user name.
                #
                # If you're not running that NAS, you don't need
                # this hack.
                with_specialix_jetstream_hack = no

                # Cisco sends it's VSA attributes with the attribute
                # name *again* in the string, like:
                #
                #   H323-Attribute = "h323-attribute=value".
                #
                # If this configuration item is set to 'yes', then
                # the redundant data in the the attribute text is stripped
                # out.  The result is:
                #
                #  H323-Attribute = "value"
                #
                # If you're not running a Cisco NAS, you don't need
                # this hack.
                with_cisco_vsa_hack = yes
        }

# Authorization. First preprocess (hints and huntgroups files),
# then realms, and finally look in the "users" file.
# The order of the realm modules will determine the order that
# we try to find a matching realm.
# Make *sure* that 'preprocess' comes before any realm if you
# need to setup hints for the remote radius server
authorize {
        preprocess
#       counter
#       attr_filter
#       eap
        suffix
#       files
        sql
#       mschap
}

# Authentication.
#
# This section lists which modules are available for authentication.
# Note that it does NOT mean 'try each module in order'.  It means
# that you have to have a module from the 'authorize' section add
# a configuration attribute 'Auth-Type := FOO'.  That authentication type
# is then used to pick the apropriate module from the list below.
authenticate {
#       pam
#       unix
        sql
# By grouping modules together in an authtype block, that authtype will be
# tried on each module in sequence until one returns REJECT or OK. This
# allows authentication failover if the first SQL server has crashed, for
# example.
#       authtype SQL {
#               sql
#               sql2
#       }
#       ldap
#       mschap
#       eap
}

# Pre-accounting. Look for proxy realm in order of realms, then
# acct_users file, then preprocess (hints file).
preacct {
        suffix
#       files
        preprocess
}

# Accounting. Log to detail file, and to the radwtmp file, and maintain
# radutmp.
accounting {
#       acct_unique
        detail
#       counter
#       unix
        sql
        radutmp
#       sradutmp
}

# Session database, used for checking Simultaneous-Use. The radutmp module
# handles this
session {
        radutmp
}

then start as /radiusd start -X

Module: Loaded preprocess
preprocess: huntgroups = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/huntgroups"
preprocess: hints = "/usr/local/etc/raddb/hints"
preprocess: with_ascend_hack = no
preprocess: ascend_channels_per_line = 23
preprocess: with_ntdomain_hack = no
preprocess: with_specialix_jetstream_hack = no
preprocess: with_cisco_vsa_hack = yes

        h323-gw-id = "h323-gw-id=nst.voip.nst.com"
        Cisco-AVPair = "h323-incoming-conf-id=C12AF3B7 294911D6 9D8ADDE9
70C1E7C6"
        h323-call-origin = "h323-call-origin=originate"
        h323-call-type = "h323-call-type=Telephony"
        h323-setup-time = "h323-setup-time=17:13:08.734 UTC Mon Feb 25 2002"
        h323-connect-time = "h323-connect-time=17:13:12.774 UTC Mon Feb 25
2002"
        h323-disconnect-time = "h323-disconnect-time=17:13:12.774 UTC Mon
Feb 25 2002"
        h323-disconnect-cause = "h323-disconnect-cause=10"
        h323-voice-quality = "h323-voice-quality=0"
        h323-conf-id = "h323-conf-id=C12AF3B7 294911D6 9D8ADDE9 70C1E7C6"

Raymond