"Michael S. McCollough" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was wondering if I could borrow your brain for a moment. I posted to
> freeradius-users this morning, but have not received a response and I would
> really love to get my configuration approved by WorldCom today. It appears
> just as CHAP will not read anything but cleartext password from ldap, PAP is
> not working with anything other than {crypt}.

  If the LDAP server returns a clear-text password, AND the rlm_ldap
module adds it to the list of config items for the request, then there
shouldn't be any problem.

  If CHAP authentication succeeds, then I see no reason why PAP should
fail.  In this case, I would use the debug logs of the server to see
what's going on, and why authentication fails.

> I have looked through openldap documentation to no avail and I do
> recognize this is most likely an openldap problem. I have to be able
> to support both PAP and CHAP and know of no other way to do this.

  I don't use LDAP, so I can't help much there, sorry.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html