=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Helmut_Tr=F6bs?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I took a new "radiusd.conf" from the tar archive to be shure all is
> right and started the daemon again.
> read_config_files:  reading clients
> /usr/local/radius/freeradius-0.7.1/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[704]: Failed
> to look up hostname ttest.lrz-muenchen.de

  So... how do you expect it to know what the IP address is for that
host name?  Magic?  Voodoo?

  The hostname_lookups configuration item is document as controlling
whether or not IP addresses are looked up to hostnames.

  You've supplied a hostname, not an IP address.  If the server wants
to discover what address is associated with that hostname, it MUST do
an IP ADDRESS LOOKUP, not a hostname lookup.

  So you're confused about what it's doing.

  Not only that, you've misconfigured your local DNS, so that the
hostname you've given it doesn't have a DNS entry, and therefore can't
be resolved into an IP address.  So how do you expect the server to
know what that hostname is?  You don't know yourself!

  Stop blaming the server, and fix your DNS.  Even better, put IP
addresses in the 'clients' file, instead of hostnames which don't
exist.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html