The FreeRADIUS team is about to release the next version of the
FreeRADIUS authentication server.  While we do our best to test the
server under many different configurations, we are unable to test it
in all situations.  Therefore, before we issue the next release, we
would like your assistance.

  In order to provide a release which is as stable as possible, we ask
that on Friday, November 1, you download the latest snapshot, located
at:

ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/radius/CVS-snapshots/freeradius-snapshot-20021101.tar.gz

  Please configure and build the server as you would normally:

$ ./configure
$ make

  Do NOT perform a 'make install'.

  Please report any problems or errors during the 'configure 'and
'make' stages to the FreeRADIUS developers list, at:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  You do not have to be a subscriber to post to the list.

  The developers will verify any reported problems, and correct them
before issuing the next release.  Remember, any errors found during
the testing period will make the release that much more stable.

  For those of you who have a test system, we would also appreciate
feedback on the behaviour of 'make install', and any tests you may
perform when running the server.

  If all goes well, we hope to have an official release of 0.8 some
time next week.

  Alan DeKok.
  On behalf of the FreeRADIUS team.

-