Brian Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, in my /usr/local/etc/raddb/users file, I have:
>
> DEFAULT Auth-Type = Kerberos
>         Service-Type = Framed-User,
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         Framed-Routing = Broadcast-Listen,
>         Framed-MTU = 1500,
>         Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
>
> Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to work for me

  What, exactly do you mean by that?

  What does the server say in debugging mode?

> I noticed that there doesn't seem to be
> any entry in it for rlm_krb5. Does there need to be something in there?

  If you want it to do Kerberos authentication, yes.

> Also, in one of the mails Alan answered he mentioned that the kerberos
> daemon does all the work.  Does this mean that kerberos server must be
> running on the same machine as the radius server?

  No.  It just means that the RADIUS server must somehow be able to
access the kerberos server.

> Unfortunately, when we try to authenticate, nothing is coming up in
> radius.log, so I can't find out anything there.

  So run the server in debugging mode, as it suggests in the README,
the documention, and in the FAQ.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html