On Sat July 19 2003 18:23, you wrote:
> Peter
>         Came across your email on Freeradius mailing list and in postgres
> schema in src dir. I have an urgent need to setup radius for billing on
> Cisco AS5350 for VOIP our current billing system stopped working. I am new
> to radius and was hoping you could help with the following :
>   1) What are the things i need to setup on cisco gateway? Do you have a
> sample cisco radius config for freeradius?

I have the folowing set on my gateways. You may not need all of these
options..

aaa new-model
aaa accounting update newinfo
aaa accounting connection h323 start-stop group radius
ip radius source-interface FastEthernet0/0
radius-server host 1.1.1.1 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813
radius-server host 1.1.1.2 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813
radius-server retransmit 10
radius-server key myradiuserverkeyhere
radius-server vsa send accounting

> 2) How do i setup Freeradius to log  billing data from cisco. Sample config

Its in the src/billing directory. Use the CVS version or version 0.9 when it
is released on Monday.

> 3) What is the recommended latency (ping times) required between the AS5350
and the server running Freeradius, i my case my cisco gateway is the UK and
the radius is the US- ping times is about 103ms - is it ok?

Should not be a huge problem, although you really do want your gateways near
by to your radius server, otherwise it is possible for a network outage to
allow you to continue getting calls but not billing records.. this is bad..

> Will there be lots of packet lose?

Ask your ISP. I have no idea.

> 4) Can I use the same schema on Mysql - Is there any reason you did not
chose mysql?

Yes. It doesn't work.

> 5) What is the recommended hardware configuration?

For one GW, any machine will do.

>  Plan to run Freeradius on Redhat 9.0

It should be fine. I do not use RedHat though.

>  I'll appreciate any input you can provide
Have fun.

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/