"Alex Chen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2. Counter uses 'User-Name' as the key and creates a counter for it.
>    It looks for a counter attribute, 'Acct-Session-Time', in the accounting
>    packets and increments the value of this attribute in its DB by the
>    amount specified in the request.

  Are you sure?  Have you tried running it in debugging mode to see
this happening?

> The example uses Max-Daily-Session, but these is no such attribute name and
> radiusd fails to start if I set it, so I used 'Session-Timeout'.

  And you expect it to work?

  The instructions an examples in radiusd.conf are there for a
REASON.  FOLLOW THEM.

> The setting in radiusd.conf
>
> module {
>       counter daily {

  You do realise that the 'counter' module will be totally ignored,
unless you also list it in the 'accounting' section"?

  Have you read the REST of 'radiusd.conf', to see where else the
counter module should be used?

  I fail to understand why you've only read half of 'radiusd.conf',
and why you've done something OTHER than what it says to do.  I'm even
more surprised that you're wondering why it doesn't work.

  While I understand that the documentation for the server could use
some work, it is MORE than adequate to solve the problem you're trying
to address.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html