On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, m0bius wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I am doing an upgrade on the radius server, and I've decided to switch
> from Clistron Radius Server to FreeRadius. I have set FreeRadius to use
> mySQL and I've transformed the users file to the database format. I
> believe that I have configured freeradius enough to work fine. (radtest
> and radclient works as expected) However I've encountered some issues.
>
> 1st) The first time I tried to see if our Lucent NAS worked well with
> the freeradius (clients.conf has been properly set, with all the correct
> ip's and passwords) and running radiusd on debug mode (-X) I never saw a
> single connection from the NASes. It's kinda confusing since if the
> password was incorrect I would probably see a message. I believe that it
> is a Lucent issue but the weird thing is that it previously worked just
> fine with the Cistron Radius (I've not changed anything on the NASes).
> Could anyone know if there is anything that should be taken into
> consideration regarding the configuration of the nas?
>
> 2nd) I've set the dialup admin pretty well and it seems to work (Check
> Server and each Test User works as expected) however I don't seem to see
> the online users on the nas. I've set as fingering method snmp. I've
> tried running snmpfinger manually to see that it didn't work giving out
> errors. Mostly this was because of the different version of the snmpwalk
> I have installed on the system. (I use net-snmp latest version). I've
> edited snmpfinger for snmpwalk to work well, however now when I manually
> execute it I never get anything back... I don't want to use radacct for
> such purposes and I am most confused on what is going on. (Shouldn't
> snmpfinger return something back? Please note that when I do something
> like: snmpwalk -c community host -v 1 system I get a response from the
> nas)

The snmpfinger will use the Cisco Session MIB so it will probably only work for
cisco equipment. Patches are always welcome though.
You could just try using radacct. As long as your accounting works ok it won't
be of any difference.

> 3rd) The nases are supposed to server both dialup PSTN and ISDN 64k and
> 128k at the same time. I've included the NAS-Port-Type on the dictionary
> and the dialup admin user_edit.attr file, however, while in Cistron the
> difference between PSTN, ISDN 64k, ISDN 128K was something like:
>
> PSTN:
> NAS-Port-Type = Async
> Simultaneus Use = 1
>
> ISDN 64
> Simultaneus Use = 1
>
> ISDN 128
> Simultaneus Use = 2
>
> I've been searching the documentations and saw something like:
> NAS-Port-Type = ISDN. Would such a thing work as well?

Simultaneous-Use is used to determine the number of distinct logins of a user
Port-Limit is used to determine the number of multilink channels a user is
allowed to open on a login.

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       National Technical University of Athens, Greece