Mail_Man wrote:

Can someone point me in the right direction to where I can find information
on setting up Free Radius so that it collects all the call detail records
from a cisco as5300 gateway and stores it in a database?

TIA

-Seth

Call detail? You mean calltracker? If so then good luck :D.

We did it by:

- configure the cisco to use calltracker and output it to the syslog.
- tell the cisco to forward the syslog onto a linux box
- configure the linux box to accept the incoming syslog requests and pipe it through to a perl script
- write a perl script to accept the syslog lines, process them and store them in the database using the ct_hndl field as the key.

You cannot match the ct_hndl to the radius keys though, so you won't be able to easily match the calltracker logs to the radius logs. We contacted our cisco gold partner resellers and they contacted cisco themselves, and no-one could figure out a reliable matching system. Cisco advised to not bother with the radius logs, but use the calltracker logs instead.

Thanks,

James Green