At Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:22:14 -0500,
Michael Shanafelt wrote:

Look into your ${exec_prefix}/lib to see if you have something like
rlm_sql_mysql.so -> rlm_sql_mysql-0.9.2.so

If you don't, make sure you have mysql-dev packages installed (header
files and stuff) and recompile paying attention to configure and make
messages.

> OK, I had my FreeRadius server working fine for Wireless LAN MAC
> authentication using the clients and users text files.
>
> My next step was to setup a MySQL database that would store the
> usernames and groups rather than having the text file.  I followed the
> directions in Hassell's RADIUS book and everything was successful until
> I issued the radiusd -x -x command to start the server.
>
> Now I'm getting an error stating:
> rlm_sql (sql):  Could not link driver rlm_sql_mysql: file not found
> rlm_sql (sql):  Make sure it (and all its dependent libraries!) are in
> the search path of your system's ld.
> Radiusd.conf[14]: sql:  Module instantiation failed.
>
> My limited knowledge tells me that the rlm_sql_mysql driver isn't
> installed.  Is this correct?  How can I fix it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

  Kostas Zorbadelos
  Currently at: Otenet IT Department
  mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Out there in the darkness, out there in the night
  out there in the starlight, one soul burns brighter
  than a thousand suns.

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html