"Shoujit Mitra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a question regarding the implementation of Digest-MD5 authentication
> protocol as defined in 'expired' draft "draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt"
> As per the everything seems to be perfect other than step-4 in the below
> sequence diagram.

  I would suggest asking the draft authors.

> 4. Issue:
>    At step-4, FreeRADIUS Sever send Access-Accept packet to RADIUS Client,
>    without the Digest-Authentication Response.

  Which is what the draft says to do, and which is what works with the
Cisco SIP servers which use this protocol.

>    As per RFC2831: "Using Digest Authentication as a SASL Mechanism"
>
>    RADIUS Server should send a message formatted as follows:
>    response-auth = "rspauth" "=" response-value

  Absolutely not.  RFC 2831 says nothing at all about RADIUS.

> Question:
> 1. Hope my understanding of the flow of messages/data is correct.
>    If not please correct me.

  It looks fine to me.

> 2. If the above flow is correct, is there any plans to make the Digest-Md5
>    authentication complaint to rfc2831?

  Why?  It's compliant to the Sterman draft, not to RFC 2831.  If the
Sterman draft isn't compliant to RFC 2831, then I suggest emailing the
authors of that draft, and asking them about it.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html