At 01:14 PM 12/4/2003, you wrote:
Hi ...
I'm new to this list as well as freeradius. I've installed 0.9.3 and have been trying to figure out how to restrict access to various framed networks. I was led to believe that freeradius was capable of doing this but I haven't found anything about this capability in the docs nor scripts. In a nut shell, this is what I would like to do.
A. Enable the radius server to accept all NAS requests from certain subnets (e.g. 192.168.1.0/26, 192.168.1.128/26) and reject all of the others.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.....

From /path/to/src/radiusd/raddb/clients.conf:

#  You can now specify one secret for a network of clients.
#  When a client request comes in, the BEST match is chosen.
#  i.e. The entry from the smallest possible network.
#
#client 192.168.0.0/24 {
#       secret          = testing123-1
#       shortname       = private-network-1
#}
#
#client 192.168.0.0/16 {
#       secret          = testing123-2
#       shortname       = private-network-2
#}

So, list your networks and no other clients. FreeRADIUS will only accept requests from the clients listed in clients.conf.

HTH,

Chris