Walter,

thanks for the guide,
i've ventured one step closer to the solution.
Whenever I launch an authentication request it gets
denied and my netserver log displays:
 rad_request: attempted radius authentication; try -r option

any clue on this one?

thank you very very much,
Bart

(/etc/raddb/radius.conf).
>Within the radius.conf file (/etc/raddb/radius.conf), there will be a
section containing your realm list. This section lists >all of the realms
known to FreeRADIUS, and defines how they are handled. To enable FreeRADIUS
to recognize the IPASS/ >prefix, locate the following section, edit the
entry and uncomment the section:>
>realm slash {
>  >
> format = prefix