Use this page as a "cheatsheet" of sorts :
        http://www.airpath.com/Products/wiboss_lite/compat.htm

Airpath is a back-end provider for hotspot services, so they list a bunch of compliant devices to use with their service. This means that these devices have valid radius clients, and therefore should play nicely with FreeRadius.

cheap and easy side: check out the D-Link DL-3800. minimal features, easy to set-up. requires seperate wireless AP.
cheap, yet full featured - harder to config if you aren't technical: check out Mikrotik Router OS.

Hope this helps.

-Rob

PS: nice tag line, very appropos for people in our business...