Wisam Najim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I will try to simulate the case on 1.0.0-pre release. But I am still
> wondering why would the message  "Error: Dropping conflicting packet from
> client xxx:xxxx - ID: zzz due to unfinished request yyyyyyy" be repeated for
> the same request. Does this mean that the NAS keeps resending the same
> request forever

  The NAS may re-send the request multiple times, but it should give
up after a 30 seconds or so.  If that message keeps appearing forever,
it means that something is wrong.

> or it sends request with same ID but different vector (data)
> or it is something in the radius that considers the request a repeated one
> though it is not?

  If the packet has a different authentication vector, then it SHOULD
be treated as a different packet by the server, and SHOULD NOT trigger
the above check.

> It might take sometime before we can upgrade to version 1.0.0 if it proved
> to work fine. Hence, I would like to know whether this behavior would have
> impact on served customers. For example, could it result in timeouts for
> some calls.

  Yes, it can result in timeouts.

  My suggestion (as a work-around) is to partially upgrade to 1.0.0.
Install 1.0.0 as a proxy server, with no local configuration, and
install multiple load-balanced 0.9.0 as home servers.  That way, if
one of the older servers goes down, you can quickly fix/re-start it,
and only a small number of requests will be lost.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html