you may want to start with this as a good starting point, this will help you troublshoot and understand better.

//milver
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 2:26 PM
Subject: please help with this guys

hi all
I'm new in freeradius and I have the network below I'm using the NTRadping utility as it said in J. Hassell's book (RADIUS),
I tested the authentication request as well as the accounting requests and every thing is fine. I can receive access response, accept ,reject and all appears on the NTRadping utility and I can see all debugging activity when I run radiusd-X
but when I request accounting request. there are some warnings they are
no nas-ip-address, no nas-prot, and nn nas-port-id seen
so I had to assign them manually in the
 NTRadping, than these warnings disappears

                                 (NAS)+(Radius)              (user)
          +----------+            +----------+             +---------+
          + Internet +<==========>| (RedHat9)|<===========>|Win-2000 |
          +----------+5.5     5.10+----------+3.10      3.5+---------+

I'm a bit confused about dealing with NAS. I'm not sure how it works
there are three attributes that I don't know how I can configure and manage

Nas-Ip-Address
Nas-Port
Nas-Port-Id
what values should I need to assign to them and how I mean in which file (naslist, nasclient or radiusd.conf)
In order Win-2000 to get Internet access and other resources under the control of RADIUS
what do I need to do. I'm using the user (steve) to implement and evaluate freeradius.
please help with this to get the above figure work
thank u all

Do you Yahoo!?