Does freeradius run as a user with permissions to /home/uruena/ ?

----- Original Message -----
From: Ester URUEÑA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:21:40 +0200
Subject: Re: EAP-TLS problem
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> I am trying to authenticate Windows XP clients (using
> EAP-TLS) through a Lucent WavePoint-II AP with
> freeradius (the third pre-release of version 1.0.0) in
> a Linux Red Hat machine. The version of
> the openssl I am using is 0.9.7d.

  You've probably got two differnet versions of OpenSSL on your
machine.  You've compiled FreeRADIUS against one, but at run-time,
it's using another.  Because the internal data structures in OpenSSL
don't match, it dies.

  Ensure you're using ONE version of OpenSSL.  See the "./configure" flags.

  Alan DeKok.

Yes, I've got two versions of OpensSSL on my machine :
an old version (0.9.6b) and a new one, installed to be used by
FreeRADIUS (0.9.7d).

OpenSSL 0.9.7d was compiled with:
./config shared --prefix=/home/uruena/monopenssl

For FreeRADIUS I've run ./configure with these options:
--with-openssl-includes=/home/uruena/dwnld_openssl/monssl/include
--with-openssl-libraries=/home/uruena/dwnld_openssl/monssl/lib
(the lib and include directories of my OpenSSL 0.9.7 version)

I see in the config.log file:
configure:7077: checking for OpenSSL version >= 0.9.7
(so it really takes into account my new version of OpenSSL and not the old one)

My certificates were created with the 0.9.7 version.
And finally, I run freeradius with the following definition of
environment variables inside a script:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/uruena/monopenssl/lib

If I define
LD_PRELOAD=/home/uruena/monopenssl/lib/lybcrypto.so
when I run my script I have an error:
error while loading shared libraries:
/home/uruena/monopenssl/lib/lybcrypto.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
Maybe this is the problem, isn't it?

If it is really the problem I don't know how to solve it, because
/home/uruena/monopenssl/lib/lybcrypto.so exists (and points to
libcrypto.so.0 that points to libcrypto.so.0.9.7).
Could somebody help me, please?

Thank you!

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html