Daniel Hesse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello to all. 2 weeks ago I downloaded fedora core 3, with the intention
> of implementing 802.1x security for our wireless system. I'm not sure
> how to find the version of freeradius I have

$ radiusd -v

> Maybe what I am expecting of the software is incorrect, I am new to
> Radius. I was expecting the LDAP backend to supply mschapv2 with the
> username and password,

  I'm not sure what you mean by that.

  LDAP stores usernames && passwords.  FreeRADIUS does authentication.
If FreeRADIUS can get passwords from LDAP, it can do the
authentication for itself.

> rlm_ldap: performing search in o=StormLake, with filter (uid=dhesse)
> rlm_ldap: looking for check items in directory...
> rlm_ldap: looking for reply items in directory...

  You need to configure a clear-text password in the LDAP database for
the user.

> modcall: entering group Auth-Type for request 6
>   rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create LM-Password.
>   rlm_mschap: No User-Password configured.  Cannot create NT-Password.
>   rlm_mschap: Told to do MS-CHAPv2 for dhesse with NT-Password
>   rlm_mschap: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication.

  Exactly.  The server has no "known good" password with which to
perform authentication.

  And LDAP doesn't do MS-CHAPv2, so you can't ask it to do that.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html