Julien MIOTTE wrote:
  1. Using the windows native supplicant and machine account
authentication. Basically the process is this:
     * machine powers on - no-one logged in
     * machine uses its own domain account to login "host/$machinename"
     * user presses ctrl+alt+del
     * machine validates credentials to the domain controller, over the
current network connection
     * machine downloads the users profile
     * once the profile is download, the machine does an EAP-Logoff and
then re-authenticates using the user credentials
     * when the user logs out, the machine does and EAP-Logoff and then
logs back in using the machine account

Hi, I've been trying to do as you told me.

There's no need to CC me. I read the list.

Using the native supplicant and MSCHAPv2 on PEAP, the machine sends now it's own credentials. My problem is that the login is sent with the prefix "host/". In my LDAP, the entry of the machine is machine_name$.

I tried to fix this trough various ways, and I succeded by adding an entry in the hint file :
        DEFAULT Prefix == "host/", Strip-User-Name = "Yes"

and by changing the filter in the LDAP section :
filter="(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}})" to filter="(uid=%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name}}$)"

Now the authorization works fine, but when the authenticate section is processed, the debug prints this :
        rlm_eap: Identity does not match User-Name, setting from EAP Identity.

Am I doing all of this right ?

There's a better way; use the mschap module expansion function, which will both strip and suffix for you:

filter = "(uid=%{mschap:User-Name})"

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html