Am 02.06.2008 um 10:57 schrieb vijayakumar:

Dear Ivan,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I want to integrate /etc/passwd file of fedora 8 to my Freeradius to use MSCHAP V2 . Will it be possible ??? If so what configuration changes to be made in configuration file ?? . how can I make NT hash of /etc/passwd

You could perhaps check in the direction of Samba, especially the man page of smbpasswd(5).

(I can't help you more, as I have never implemented anything like that.)

However what is sure is that you cannot generate any needed password from the hashes that are in /etc/passwd (or from the corresponding shadow file).

Have a nice day!

Regards.
VIJAY

Ivan Kalik wrote:

1) Does  MSCHAP V2 supports  clear text password only ?

No. You can store NT hash as NT-Password as well.

2) Can I integrate MSCHAP V2 with LDAP .If so what changes tobe made in
configuration file.

Yes. None apart from configuring ldap {} section and uncommenting ldap
entry in authorize {} section in order to make ldap work (for any
authentication type).

Ivan Kalik
Kalik Informatika ISP

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/ list/users.html

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/ users.html

Nicolas Goutte

extragroup GmbH - Karlsruhe
Waldstr. 49
76133 Karlsruhe
Germany

Geschäftsführer: Stephan Mönninghoff, Hans Martin Kern, Tilman Haerdle
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Münster / HRB: 5624
Steuer Nr.: 337/5903/0421 / UstID: DE 204607841

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html