I understand that radius authenticating ppp (PPTP in this case) connections against shadow passwords requires cleartext authentication (PAP).

Does PAM allow you to work around this? From reading what I can find on PAM, it would seem that FreeRADIUS would pass off the authentication request to PAM and PAM could then take care of the crypt/decrypt, thus allowing CHAP or MSCHAP client authentication against shadow passwords.

Is this correct?

TIA,

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://3.am