You have two errors to fix...

This;

/usr/local/etc/raddb/users[1]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT:
Unknown value ntlm_auth for attribute Auth-Type

And this:

Errors reading /usr/local/etc/raddb/users
/usr/local/etc/raddb/modules/files[7]: Instantiation failed for module
"files"
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[111]: Failed to find
module
"files".
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[34]: Errors parsing
authorize section.
Errors initializing modules

It seems like it require an external ntlm_auth to execute, rather than one
that is embedded in MSCHAP module.

Well, yes. You said you were following the instructions in

http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html

That's one of the steps. Just add ntlm_auth to authenticate in both
virtual servers (default and inner-tunnel).

Is this the step you are struggling with?

The URL that I was following is using freeradius 1.x

A lot of the documentation on the site is for 1.x so when you have figured things out, documenting it is a geeat way to return something to the project

Now, I am using freeradius 2.x, and thus I skipped the creation of "exec
ntlm_auth"

Furthermore, I do not know how to do so...

If the docs don't give an example, this is your chance to help getting it updated.

I tried to add it to the "exec" file in the module directory, but it didn't
work.
The error is still reported to be the same.

Well, yes, as it is still the same problem.

Should I fall back to freeradius 1.x instead?

No.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html