pushpraj nimbalkar wrote:
On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Alan DeKok <al...@deployingradius.com> wrote:
pushpraj nimbalkar wrote:
You have not read full message. I am using rlm_sql and i already added
59.181.96.194 to my nas list. look at below error
 rlm_sql (sql): Read entry nasname= 59.181.96.194,shortname=AP2,secret=
Not sure if that is significant here or not, but the IP address also has a space in front of it, both above and in the below.
 rlm_sql (sql): Failed to look up hostname  59.181.96.194: ip_nton:

i hope it's clear now.
 Yes.  You need to configure DNS a DNS server on your network.

Thank you for reply but still i am not clear. because i have already
running DNS server in my network and my freeradius server using same
DNS. my resolve.conf has following entries.
"nameserver 192.168.1.1"

What you do not seem to have is a reverse mapping of the IP address to a hostname setup. Called a PTR record. Check the manual for your DNS server, and check with the people who own the IP address range who should do this, you or them ...
it's my local DNS server.
and my radius server local ip address is 192.168.1.12 and public ip
address is 203.196.177.199
*shudder* There is no need for you to give the layout of your network in those details.

//anders
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html