I've had FreeRadius 2.1.6 running ippools fine on one linux server and just installed it on a new one. They run with --prefix=/usr on both servers, which neccessitated me putting /usr/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf to get rlm_ippool to load on the new server.

I copied over the old raddb tree, but when I start radiusd in debug, I get this:

 Module: Linked to module rlm_ippool
 Module: Instantiating medium_pool
  ippool medium_pool {
        session-db = "/usr/etc/raddb/db.medium_ippool"
        ip-index = "/usr/etc/raddb/db.medium_ipindex"
        key = "%{NAS-IP-Address} %{NAS-Port}"
        range-start = 172.16.31.101
        range-stop = 172.16.31.253
        netmask = 255.255.255.0
        cache-size = 251
        override = yes
        maximum-timeout = 0
  }
rlm_ippool: Failed to open file /usr/etc/raddb/db.medium_ippool: Invalid argument /usr/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[1824]: Instantiation failed for module "medium_pool"
/usr/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[337]: Failed to find module "medium_pool".
/usr/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[314]: Errors parsing accounting section.

the db files for the pools, in this case:

/usr/etc/raddb/db.medium_ippool

do exist as chmod 600 root.wheel, just like the old server. We run as root to auth against shadow passwords. What did I miss?

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
u...@3.am                                                           http://3.am