Hopeman, Ward wrote:
> This is where I got confused, I missed the foot notes that PEAPv1 was only
> available in the experimental build with the eap2 module.

   Yes.  FR doesn't support PEAPv1 natively.

>>  Don't use PEAPv1.  It's even less documented than PEAPv0.  It's used by
>> pretty much no one.
>
>     This unfortunately is not by choice on my part.  I am required to provide
> lab setups for testing our products, based on what is in the product
> requirement documents.  This falls into what our product managers want to
> support.

  I'm familiar with product managers.  Unfortunately, all I can do here
is to talk about reality.  Product managers live in another world.

>>  Don't use LEAP.  It's insecure.  Don't put it into new products, and don't
>> allow people to configure it.
>
>     As above, not really my choice, but I can't agree more.  Fortunately this
> protocol seems to be for legacy support.  I have been and continue to make
> recommendations to our product managers to remove support for unused and
> unsecure protocols.

  Adding LEAP is like saying "use insecure protocol that allows anyone
to access my network."

  I think that's bad.  Product managers don't care.

>     The client is not falling back to PEAPv0 as one might expect, and when I
> questioned the developers on this they told me it was working as designed.
> They want to ensure that when it gets configured for a specific protocol,
> that it fails unless it meets the requirements.  Since our products go into
> controlled install environments, they wanted to tighten up the authentication
> requirements.  Not robust, or quite following the RFC, but as designed.  In
> this case refer above as the client was expecting v1.

  That makes sense.  But it should be an option.

>      Again refer above, if I get eap2 module running with PEAPv1 support, it
> should support both PEAPv0 and PEAPv1. I am assuming that configuring the
> eap2 module should replace the eap module with regards to protocols (ie.
> don't configure a protocol in both only in one or the other).  It is a matter
> of getting FR setup to support a higher level of PEAP using the eap2 module.
> The protocol should then negotiate to the lower protocol if the client
> requests PEAPv0 instead of PEAPv1.

  Be aware that the eap2 module has *minimal* integration with the rest
of the server.  The "inner-tunnel" virtual server won't work, etc.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html