First I was able to authenticate with kinit so I'm pretty sure krb is working.

Second yes I did do several things that were suggested for enabling krb and I did back up the original files and it works for the radtest if I add a user to the users file with a plain text password. Unfortunately that's not what I need.

I added my client and my secret to clients.conf
I added my realm to proxy.conf
I added my keytab and service principle to  modules/krb5
I added
        DEFAULT Auth-Type = Kerberos
        to the top of my users file
I added

#Kerberos
        Auth-Type Kerberos {
          krb5
        }

Right after the pap entry in my sites-enabled/inner-tunnel file and in my default file.

I also made sure that my service key tab is readable by freeradius and root.

I fear I have missed something and I'm sure it is something I did not do correctly but I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what and was hoping the debug output would help. If you know of something I missed or would like to point me to better documentation that covers getting FreeRadius 2 to work with Kerberos I'd be thrilled but so for my digging at the wiki site and various other locations has came up empty.

And I already looked in the manual under "it doesn't work". I'm actually kind of concerned about it dying when I try to authenticate. Radius comes up just fine and runs an waits for request, and then dies when it goes to kerberos, that can't be good.

LB