Thanks for the information. I tried it, but still no luck. Perhaps I should
setup a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 in a VM and try again as maybe I messed things
up.

If I understand correctly, the OGON code will allow the to have a nice RDP
server on Linux boxes that I can connect to via FreeDRP which is exactly
one of the things that I need to do for this R&D project. The other thing
that I would like to do is to run FreeRDP on some Windows boxes as well as
a server, if possible too and not rely on the existing MS Windows RDP
Server services.

Best,
Lonnie