Hi

I'm using the FreeRDP library (version 2.2.0) to proxy RDP sessions between
an RDP client (mstsc) and a Windows 2012 RDS server. I'm trying to get
Enhanced RemoteApp sessions (where just the remote application window is
rendered, and the remote desktop background is not) to work, but have had
no success yet.

As far as I can tell, the appropriate message sequences between mstsc and
the proxy, and between the proxy and the RDS server, are taking place:

- mstsc sends a Client Info PDU with the INFO_RAIL and
INFO_HIDEF_RAIL_SUPPORTED flags set to the proxy
- the proxy responds with a Remote Programs Capability Set that has the
TS_RAIL_LEVEL_SUPPORTED and TS_RAIL_LEVEL_HANDSHAKE_EX_SUPPORTED flags set
- mstsc responds with a Remote Programs Capability Set that has the
TS_RAIL_LEVEL_SUPPORTED and TS_RAIL_LEVEL_HANDSHAKE_EX_SUPPORTED flags set

At this point, mstsc is apparently ready for an Enhanced RemoteApp session.
Then the proxy connects to the RDS server and:

- the proxy sends a Client Info PDU with the INFO_RAIL and
INFO_HIDEF_RAIL_SUPPORTED flags set to the RDS server
- the RDS server responds with a Remote Programs Capability Set that has
the TS_RAIL_LEVEL_SUPPORTED and TS_RAIL_LEVEL_HANDSHAKE_EX_SUPPORTED flags
set
- the proxy responds with a Remote Programs Capability Set that has the
TS_RAIL_LEVEL_SUPPORTED and TS_RAIL_LEVEL_HANDSHAKE_EX_SUPPORTED flags set

After this, I'd expect the RDS server to send a TS_RAIL_ORDER_HANDSHAKE_EX
message over the RAIL virtual channel to initiate the Enhanced RemoteApp
session. But instead it sends a plain TS_RAIL_ORDER_HANDSHAKE message, and
the RemoteApp session starts, but not in Enhanced mode.

Any idea what could be going wrong? Does FreeRDP even support Enhanced
RemoteApp sessions (what I've seen of the code suggests that it does, but
perhaps I'm misreading it).

Thanks.

Richard