Hello,

We're a team of Software Engineering researchers investigating technical
debt. Technical debt refers to "not quite right code which we postpone
making it right” (Cunningham)  and this may often introduce a cost. More
specifically, the aim of this study is to gather information on how open
source developers respond to specific source code phenomena such as
partially or wrongly implemented functionality. With the results of this
study we aim to create a better understanding of how developers annotate
issues in source code. These results will be used to support prioritisation
of maintenance activities in software systems. The survey data will be
collected, analyzed and stored so that research questions can be answered
and the results can be published. Since the survey is anonymous, no
personal information is collected. For the same reason we cannot modify or
remove answers upon request.

If you contribute code to this project you can help us out by filling out
the following  survey: https://forms.office.com/r/QmrtwiA296. The survey
should take you at most 15 minutes.

Thanks in advance,

Nicole Novielli (University of Bari, Italy)
also on behalf of
Nathan Cassee, Massimiliano Di Penta, Alexander Serebrenik, and Fiorella
Zampetti