On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 11:29:09AM -0800, Dan Angelescu wrote:
> Maybe you will tell me why the email was not accepted

Well, I dont' know..

> >     I have a few suggestions ( to improve it and to
> > work
> >     better):
> >     1) try to use a mfsroot where must be included
> > only
> >     chrunced needed programs and the rc file ( see
> > Frenzy
> >     for that )
> >     In such a way you can avoid to populate the
> > /etc/rc.d
> >     with files different from FreeBSD base system.

I don't see why we should avoid that. I can agree that we can put
those scripts on /usr/local/etc/rc.d and have the same result, keeping
/etc/rc.d "virginity". but I don't see why we should use a mfsroot
only to achieve that.

> >     2) Try to improve X configuration because the
> > monitor
> >     it isn't detected.Also X config must include
> > modes for
> >     unprobed monitors , and special case for vmware
> > ,qemu
> >     and virtualPC.

We're using X.org autoconfiguration features. I don't think we can
make anything better than what the X.org people do. But it's probably
easy to prove me wrong.

> >     3) Try to use only one mddevice for read write
> >     directories.
> >     Using that way you avoid the fill of an mddevice
> > and
> >     leave empty the others.
> >     Also in such a way can be allocate better memory
> > for
> >     that mddevice according to computer memory that
> > run
> >     the CD ( dynamic mdedevice which must include
> > /root

Tell me exactly (possibly with code) how would you implement what
you're suggesting. I don't think it's possible without using unionfs.

> > - Ignored:
> >     /etc /var /tmp /usr/local/etc )
> >     4) Include in script for mounting partitions the
> >     ReiserFS filesystem.

yes, the mountdisks plugin must be extended to support other
filesystems.

> >     5) Update the card_id's for the sound cards.

Yes, it's waaay too old. We may find a way to generate it from sources
when the image gets created.

> >     I have found very interesting the cheatcodes
> >     implemetation.I haven't think that FreeBSD is so
> >     powerfull.Also the implementation and the idea
> > liked
> >     me very much.

Thanks.

> >     Of course those are my suggestions and please
> > think
> >     about them.
> >     Thanks a lot !
> >
> >     Wish you all the best !