Le lundi 08 janvier 2007 à 10:48 +0100, Matteo Riondato a écrit :
> On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 11:18:46PM +0100, Jerome Warnier wrote:
> > Le mercredi 17 janvier 2007 à 22:37 +0100, Jerome Warnier a écrit :
> > > Le mercredi 17 janvier 2007 à 21:29 +0100, Jerome Warnier a écrit :
> > With a plain CD (not RW), it boot, but X does not start automatically.
>
> This is correct. X is not supposed to start automatically at boot. If
> you want it to, use the freesbie.wm cheatcode, as described in the
> release notes.
Ok.
I think I'm rather confused about FreeSBIE 2.0 because I tried version
1.0 some time ago. I had been really impressed by its speed, and
particularly the startup time of OOo.

> > When I start it using "startx", the resolution and color depth is
> > 640x480x8 (it does not recognize my screen, the graphics card is fine)
> > and so tells /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
>
> Try tuning /etc/X11/xorg.conf . Read FreeSBIE 2.0 Release Notes,
> there's a section about what to do when your monitor doesn't get
> recognized correctly.
Right, if I set to hsync 30-60 and vrefresh 50-75, it is perfect.

> > > This machine has 1GB RAM.
> > Even with the new CD (not RW), I get exactly the same.
>
> Can you check whether /etc/X11/xorg.conf has the correct driver for
> your card in the Device section, please?
It is an ATI Radeon Mobility X300. Setting the driver to "radeon" does
not fix the problem.

> Thanks.
> Best Regards

Thanks