On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 12:03:10PM -0800, Otto Huamani wrote:
> Hi..
> I'm just testing the new Freesbie. Now the problem with my usb mouse
> has disappeared!!!
> everything running just fine.

These are good news!

> I have got a wireless router and tried to connect to Internet from
> there. I had a big headache (because I'm a newbie in freebsd and its
> terminal) setting up my connection using wep encryption. I got
> connected to the router but  I couldn't get  a dhcp  address
> (wepmode on, wepkey ...). Finally my problem was that I had to set
> the "ifconfig ral0 deftxkey" to 1(not only the wepkey parameter),
> then after the command "dhclient ral0" everything have just run
> fine.

This is the "usual" way to accomplish that task on FreeBSD.

>Of course all this running in su (superuser).

You can use "sudo foobarcommand" from the freesbie user and the
foobarcommand will be run as root user.

> Now I'm sending this e-mail from Freesbie with wireless connection.
> If Freesbie just had a graphical way to set the wireless connection
> it would be fantastic.

Yes...but I don't know any good graphical network connection manager.
:)
Feel free to suggest. :D

> Thank you and keep the good work.

Thank you for this report