Am Monday, dem 22. Oct 2007 schrieb Josh Paetzel:

> In stock FreeBSD there is a system iconv.h in /usr/include/sys which
> is used by the kernel.  Userland iconv.h is generally provided by the
> GNU libiconv implimentation, installed from ports/packages in
> to /usr/local/include

Well, while that still leaves some things unanswered, but I see now,
that there might be reasons to configure SDL not to use iconv
(because there are two different implementations)

I'm going to write a workaround to optionally use iconv directly and
not through SDL.

Another question:
When I enter "sdl-config --libs" I see, that they put /usr/local/lib into
the rpath. Is that always needed? I'm also writing a library.
How are search paths for libraries normally configured in FreeBSD?
In Gnu+Linux it is /etc/ld.so.conf, but that file doesn't seem to exist.

I have seen, that FreeBSD also accepts the environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But that is just a temporary solution.

If you wonder, what I'm doing: I'm porting my projekt AKFAvatar to
FreeBSD with FreeSBIE.
http://akfavatar.nongnu.org/

The release 0.14.3 is not yet usable with FreeSBIE, but you can check
out the CVS, if you want:
cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/sources/akfavatar co akfavatar

--
AKFoerster