You could do it in matlab, something like

waveforms = fast_vol2mat(MRIread('waveform.nii.gz'));

% this will be a matrix ntimepoints by nvertices

You can then load the label with read_label.m and then pull out the
columns from waveforms that you want. Make sure to account for the fact
that the label indices are 0-based but  matlab uses 1-based

On 08/31/2017 02:27 PM, Mcnorgan, Christopher wrote:
> Though one workaround might be to subdivide a label many, many times
> using mris_divide_parcellation, I was wondering if it is possible to
> obtain a per-vertex (or even per-face) fMRI waveform for a label. In
> other words, rather than compute the average waveform across all
> vertices, as with mri_segstats --label subject semi /path/to/label
> --avgwf avgwave.txt, which yields a single value that averages across,
> say, 5000 vertices, I would like to obtain each of the 5000 waveforms
> averaged over. I assume this would be more comparable to the scale of
> analysis used by those looking at voxel populations (e.g., as in MVPA).
>
> Thanks, Chris
>
> /**********************************************
> * Chris McNorgan
> * Assistant Professor